Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for managing a 2-year early career rotational program focused on developing high potential technology talent. Directly manage 30 Associates to include performance management, assess development needs, create individual development plans, and design and manage compensation plans for participants. Collaborate with key stakeholder working committees and other relevant partners in the management and enhancement of program experience. This includes developing strategies to present to executive leadership regarding program design, administration, and participant performance.
– Manage a 2-year early career rotational program focused on developing high potential technology talent.
– Directly manage 30 Associates to include performance management, assess development needs, create individual development plans, and design and manage compensation plans for participants.
– Collaborate with key stakeholder working committees and other relevant partners in the management and enhancement of program experience. This includes developing strategies to present to executive leadership regarding program design, administration, and participant performance.
– Partner with Talent Acquisition University Relations and functional representatives to recruit and select participants, including partnership with the team leader for on-campus recruitment events.
– Manage the selection of participant rotations, rotation schedules, group projects and mentors in conjunction with the CORE Technology working committee.
– Serve as a career coach and manager to all participants.
– Work with internal and external Learning & Development organizations and third party education providers to assist with designing and implementing training.
– Partner across the Enterprise Rotational Programs team with all programs to identify shared learning and development opportunities.
– Contribute to the design and implementation of communication and marketing methods to educate employees, universities and prospective candidates about the program.
– Manage the communication of program updates to all key stakeholders.
– Collaborate with business units and Talent Management team to facilitate career growth planning for program graduates.
– Manage relationships with all relevant third party vendors.
– Contribute to and manage program logistics, including scheduling, travel, and budget.
– Facilitate relocation process for Associates throughout program.
– Partner with team leader for program recruitment and university relations teams to identify talent in the internship and co-op programs as a pipeline of talent for the program.
– Facilitate, plan and design quarterly development sessions for Associates.
– Innovate and constantly revisit the curriculum for early career technology talent to match organizational needs and desires of top technology talent.
– Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
– Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
– Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
– Generally requires 8-11 years related experience
– 6+ years’ relevant experience, which should include exposure or experience in one or more of the following areas: working with technology talent; program management; people management; talent development.
– Prior direct or indirect people management experience required.
– Demonstrated passion for learning and development of talent.
– Exceptional relationship building ability coupled with the ability to influence without formal authority.
– Confident, professional, consultative manner.
– Strong presentation skills.
– Experience coaching/mentoring early career professionals.
– Proven ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
– Ability to be flexible in a fast-paced, changing environment.
– Exceptional time management.
– Able to provide references as a positive, collaborative team leader.
– Excellent written and oral communication skills with a strong eye for detail.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer