- Utilize a holistic perspective and insightful analysis to assist with the development of strategic pricing plans to deliver financial objectives.
- Develop annual category/brand pricing recommendations across categories/key store clusters/regions and provide appropriate contingencies.
- Execute new initiatives to streamline business processes, eliminate non-value added costs, reduce complexity, and champion productivity improvement within Marketing.
- Support business performance optimization through analysis on all pricing initiatives that are objectively measurable.
- Assist manager in identifying competitive pricing and promotional cadences by category / key items, determining sales and margin implications to support decisions.
- Influence key cross-functional business partners by delivering ad hoc analyses and recommendations for marketing teams that encompass strategic direction, optimal value creation and proper focus of resources.
- Proactively seek ways to improve reporting, leverage knowledge of data systems and technical skills to identify and develop opportunities for process improvement and meet changing business needs.
- Support the manager in building and maintaining relationships as a supporting partner to the marketing teams.
- Assist with operational needs of team, including execution of price changes and management of location based pricing.
- Interface with the development teams to understand current pricing functionality and to define requirements for future enhancements.
- Establish tools and processes for monitoring and responding to competitive pricing.
- Coordinate with Finance to model impact of pricing decisions and gross margin performance on overall P&L and business model.
- Lead sustainable ideation sessions to ignite and inspire creativity; bringing out the best ideas within Marketing.
- Implement pricing strategies for new products rooted in analysis and consumer, category and competitive insights.
- Partner with Category teams to ensure successful execution against strategic pricing decisions.
- Proven ability to formulate pricing strategies that enhance portfolio/brand value and connect with business strategy
- Strong results orientation and proven ability to achieve objectives
- Knowledge of retail industry, customers and marketplace pricing dynamics
- Self-direction with resourcefulness to thrive in a fast-paced environment where priorities and opportunities change quickly
- Superior problem-solving, analytical and quantitative skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to work in a cross functional environment and communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Strong oral/written communication and presentation skills. Can express complex ideas in simple terms
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years related business experience
- Proven project management skills and experience
- Proven track record of price management