NAAAP Philadelphia Future Leaders Scholarship Program
The National Association of Asian American Professionals – Philadelphia (NAAAP Philadelphia) strives to cultivate and develop the leaders of tomorrow. We created this scholarship in 2010 to recognize and reward Asian American students in the Philadelphia region who have demonstrated strong leadership potential. As Asian American becomes the fastest-growing ethnic minority group in the U.S., we firmly believe that leadership, the drive and ability to generate positive social impact, will become a critical element for the betterment of our community at large.
We are proud to announce the 2021 scholarship program that benefits graduating high school seniors and current college students who are Asian/Asian American. Several high school and college students will be selected within their respective pools to receive $1,000 in scholarship money, to be used toward tuition, books, and/or living expenses.
About NAAAP Philadelphia:
A non-profit, 501(c)(3), all-volunteer, Pan-Asian American professional organization that promotes the career advancement and leadership development of Asian American professionals across a wide variety of fields and industries. As part of a national organization, NAAAP is the largest and fastest growing Asian American professional organization in the United States and Canada.
Scholarship application open: Monday, March 1, 2021
Scholarship application deadline: Saturday, May 29, 2021
Finalist interviews: June 2021
Winners announcement: June/Summer 2021
Applications Should Include the Following
1. Application, essay, resume, and unofficial transcript: submit at http://bit.ly/NAAAPScholarship2021
2. Two (2) letters of recommendation from professors/counselors/advisors/managers
Please have recommenders fill out a form at: http://bit.ly/NAAAPScholarshipReferral2021
NAAAP Philadelphia reserves the right to contact references for verification. Recommender must not be related to the applicant.
|Criteria||Leadership Potential||Extracurricular Involvement||Essays||Recommendations||GPA||Honors and Awards|
– Must be of Asian American or of Asian descent
For high school seniors:
– High school cumulative GPA 3.0 or higher
– Must currently attend a GREATER PHILADELPHIA* high school
– Note: Students are eligible even if they plan to attend a college outside of the Greater Philadelphia area. Students need to be currently attending a high school in one of the counties designated above.
For college students:
– Cumulative GPA 3.0 or higher.
– Must be currently attending a GREATER PHILADELPHIA* accredited college or university (undergraduate only) and not graduating in 2021.
*GREATER PHILADELPHIA includes the following counties (please contact us if you need further clarification):
Pennsylvania: Philadelphia, Montgomery, Chester, Delaware, and Bucks
Southern New Jersey: Camden, Gloucester,and Burlington
Delaware: New Castle County
Questions? Please contact us at [email protected]