NAAAP PHILADELPHIA SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM 2017
The National Association of Asian American Professionals – Philadelphia (NAAAP Philadelphia) strives to cultivate and develop the leaders of tomorrow. We created this scholarship in 2010 to recognize and reward Asian American students in the Philadelphia region who have demonstrated strong leadership potential. As Asian American becomes the fastest-growing ethnic minority group in the U.S., we firmly believe that leadership, the drive and ability to generate positive social impact, will become a critical element for the betterment of our community at large.
We are proud to announce the 2017 scholarship program that benefits graduating high school seniors and current college students who are Asian/Asian American. Several high school and college students will be selected within their respective pools to receive $1,000 in scholarship money, to be used toward tuition, books, and/or living expenses.
About NAAAP Philadelphia:
A non-profit, 501(c)(3), all-volunteer, Pan-Asian American professional organization that promotes the career advancement and leadership development of Asian American professionals across a wide variety of fields and industries. As part of a national organization, NAAAP is the largest and fastest growing Asian American professional organization in the United States and Canada.
Scholarship application open: March 1st, 2017
Scholarship application deadline: Monday, May 15th, 2017
Finalist interviews: May – June, 2017
Winners announcement: July, 2017
APPLICATIONS SHOULD INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
1. Application and essay(s): submit at bit.ly/NAAAPscholarship17
2. Two (2) letters of recommendation from professors/counselors/advisors/managers
Please have recommender fill out form at: bit.ly/NAAAPscholarshipReferral17
NAAAP Philadelphia reserves the right to contact references for verification. Recommender must not be related to applicant.
- Current resume and unofficial transcript
Email both the resume and unofficial transcript to email@example.com
- For the resume, please save file as: LastName_FirstName_HSorCollege_Resume17 (e.g. Smith_John_College_Resume17)
- For the transcript, please save file as: LastName_FirstName_HSorCollege_Transcript17 (e.g. Smith_John_College_Transcript17)
– Must be of Asian American or of Asian descent
– Must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident
For high school seniors:
– High school cumulative GPA 3.0 of higher
– Must currently attend a GREATER PHILADELPHIA* high school
– Note: Student does not need to plan to attend a Philadelphia college. Student only needs to be currently attending a high school in one of the counties designated above.
For college students:
– Cumulative GPA 3.0 or higher.
– Must be currently attending a GREATER PHILADELPHIA* accredited college or university and still have at least one year of college remaining in the 2016-2017 school year.
*GREATER PHILADELPHIA includes the following counties (please contact us if you need further clarification):
Pennsylvania: Philadelphia, Montgomery, Chester, Delaware, and Bucks
Southern New Jersey: Camden and Atlantic County
Delaware: New Castle County
Questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org